How to embed
a Flash player compatible animation file into Hotdog.
Hotdog has a feature called FlashWizard to help you to import
Flash animations (swf) and generate the proper Object and Embed HTML
tags for the Flash animations. FlashWizard will obtains these HTML
tags from the Flash animation and will automatically add them to your
1. To start, first
create your Flash animation, and save the Flash animation to the same directory
that contains or will contain your HTML page (web document)
2. Open Hotdog and create a new document
3. Save this document to your hard disk to the same directory
that already contains the just created Flash animation.
4. Go to Tools/Flashwizard. Now the Flash wizard pops up.
5. Browse to the created Flash animation (in this sample it's animation.swf)
and double click on it.
6. After you have double clicked on the file you will be automatically
brought to the next step called "properties".
7. This is where
you can preview your Flash animation, change the background color,
image dimensions and Flash animation options. Normally you will not
need to change any of these.
8. After changing these settings to your liking click on "next
9. The Flashwizard will now generate the proper Object and Embed
statements for the Flash animation you selected. You can automatically
import this to your current document by clicking "use in
10. To preview the created webpage click on Internal Preview.
11. Finally, if you are happy with your webpage, select "File/save
as" and save the HTML file to your harddisk.